We are at a great crossroads, a point in life when important decisions are being made world-wide. What is being chosen? What is the foundation for making individual decisions? What is the basis for decisions made by leaders? Alas, the Lord has prophesied of “a great division.” (2 Nephi 30:10) I believe we are there. We are fast approaching the ultimate consequences of a great division among humanity.
“For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” (Matt. 24:24)
Who are “They” who WILL deceive?
- “They” are the “elite,” who seek for power, gain, and control over the masses with pride in their hearts thinking they know better than everyone else.
- “They” are religious leaders who point to themselves, and do not point their congregations to Christ first, leaders who no longer refer to God’s word for their source of inspiration — and teach instead the “philosophies… of men.” (Colossians 2:8)
- “They” are educational institutions providing instruction contrary to the scriptures. Organic evolution is one of their tools that has led countless millions down the road to atheism. Science is their god.
- “They” are political leaders who have forgotten that the liberty America has enjoyed is based on Biblical ethics.
- “They” are technocrats, who believe technology will save the world.
- “They” are those who believe there is no God, and no devil, but they are willing to follow the anti-Christ when he comes, and he is coming soon, as part of this “crossroads.”
“They Shall Deceive The Very Elect,” But The Elect Need Not Be Deceived:
- Those who are true followers of Christ, “chosen, of God, and precious.” (1 Peter 2:1-9)
- “And whoso treasureth up my words, shall not be deceived. (JS Matthew 24:30) Notice, this translation uses the word “shall,” which is a sure thing in the Lord’s arithmetic.
- Christ is the “Word” (John 1:1), and His words only are the “Way,” “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Farther, but by me.” (John 14:6) The early Christians called the Church, “The Way.”